The Grade 7 and 8 students and staff participated in a great kick-off to the year at Polson Pier in Toronto. The students began their day at Regency Acres Public School where they participated with this other students in various team building activities. Both schools travelled to Toronto to watch the Federation of International Beach Volleyball Championships at Polson Pier.
Library Learning Commons
The new NLPS Library Learning Commons is boasting a new look. the LLC is opening 'maker-spaces' for our students. Students have a chance to explore innovative ways to use various spaces that are created. Here students are exploring one of the new Lego Walls in the LLC.
- Professional Training Day for Teachers (no school for students) - September 26th
- Terry Fox Run - September 29th
- Curriculum Night - September 29th - 6:30-7:30 pm Grades 1-8; 6:00-7:00 pm Kindergarten
- September Monthly Assembly - Value of Relationships - September 30th
- NLPS Annual Fundraising Drive - Kick off Assembly - September 30th
1. Lunch Programs - sign up through School Cash Online
2. Fundraising Drive - Month of October! Look for opportunities to donate. We are raising money to contribute to a Modern Learning culture at NLPS by setting up innovative spaces for our students to create, connect, communicate, and share:
- Primary, Junior, and Intermediate Learning Pods/Discovery Pods/Inquiry Pods (students will help with the name!)
- Library Learning Commons & Makerspace
- Technology Lab
We would like to set up Modern Learning spaces to spark innovative thinking and tap into students’ interests. Student voice is essential - students will be involved in designing the spaces - from dreaming and reasoning, to implementation.