We have had a fabulous first week at NLPS! Our school goal for September is to concentrate on our environment (classroom, school and community) and how we promote positive, meaningful relationships. We are working on valuing different ideas, and conversations where all voices are heard. Here are a few specific examples of how our students are contributing positively to their environment.
WE build positive relationships when:
- we say "hello, good morning" to the people in our environment
- we respect our school space both indoor and outdoor
WE value different ideas when:
- we invite others to play or join a group activity
- we ask questions when we don’t understand
WE make sure all voices are heard when:
- we respect and listen to the opinions of others
We encourage our families to reflect this month with their children about how they have, or are planning to, contribute to their school environment this month.
We have many exciting activities and events coming up this month such as:
- Cross Country
- Terry Fox Run (September 29th)
- Vocal Choir
- Instrumental Band
- Intermediate Volleyball
- Lunch Monitor helpers
- and more!
Please visit our school website for more information and a complete calendar of events for the school year.
Go Ice Cats!